Tuesday 19 February 2013

Just Because...






Just because
I've been in a textile mood of late.


I thought I'd kick off this week by sharing these very sweet embroideries by Sydney-based New Zealand artist Katherine O' Hara. Discovered thanks to KinderGallery, a must-visit address if you are looking for special one-of-a-kind artpieces for your child's room,  Katherine loves breathing new life into vintage textiles, and I think her dainty little portraits fit perfectly into these framed antique doilies.
If you like her style, Katherine also trades under the name of 'alfafa', on etsy, selling similar, equally charming framed black and white embroidery work inspired by Joan Walsh Anglund's books.

Cute, colourful and creative - a nice start to the day! 





2 comments:

  1. Katherine's work is just adorable... thank you for posting. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I will go to her etsy site at once!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!