Tuesday 10 April 2012

Faraway in France

 

Just forty minutes and we're there,
back to Les Cévennes, my husband's homeland,
mine too for over twenty years.

Quelle joie de vous retrouver !
How I love those houses,
those stone walls with many a story to tell.

We took a picnic,
found a river
and enjoyed it quietly in the sun.



There is a place here that I love,
somewhere special, quite unique and forever inspiring.
A place where East meets West
en toute beauté.

  

If you ever happen to find yourself round these parts,
make sure you visit La Bambouserie.
You will be transported to foreign lands,
I promise.
Can you hear the bamboo swaying gently in the breeze?
A journey for your senses.


The perfect end to a perfect day:


The view from our balcony this evening.

Bonne nuit !





9 comments:

  1. feels so tranquil. this mix is wonderful. i'd like to go see sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I haven't been for 15 years, it's wonderful, very relaxing, you really do feel as if you've travelled East.

      Delete
  2. Quel merveilleux endroit ! Tu me donnes envie de me replonger dans les album photos, j'ai des images fantastiques de Siam ,prises dans les bambous!Avec un temps magnifique en plus, tu as eu de la chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui, c'est beau. cette année on a décidé de profiter de Montpellier / Nîmes et tous les alentours. Il y a tellement de choses à faire ici.
      Côté Sud avait fait un très beau photoreportage sur Prafrance si je me souviens bien. Faut que je le retrouve.

      Delete
  3. The first photo surprised me: Farwary in France, there is a piece of Japan. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful indeed and the wisteria must be for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots & lots of wisteria everywhere at the moment Britt-Marie, it's so beautiful.

      Delete
  5. So beautiful! Is undoubtedly an inspiring place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!