Wednesday 29 December 2010

Inspiration: Penny's Quilt


I've been thinking about my favourite finds in 2010 and did intend to compile a 'best of'. However, I have discovered so many wonderful artists and beautiful things that it would be a shame to have to choose just a few. I have been 'revisiting' some of the artists and crafters I featured earlier on in the year and I'm forever inspired by their imagination and creativity. One such example is Bristol-based textile artist Penny Leaver Green whose work I featured just over a year ago

I have already drawn your attention to her fairytale "into the woods" series, which I love, so today I would like to highlight her handembroidered nursery rhyme quilt.



Have you ever seen such beautiful children's bedding I wonder? A true work of art, which  you can study in more detail here and here. What a wonderful present for a child, to be passed down from generation to generation.


Penny Leaver Green, somebody I'd love to meet, and one of my personal faves.

9 comments:

  1. as you say so much creativity and talent out there, and also what a fab heirloom. here's to a sooper dooper craetive 2011, best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. je suis amoureuse de cette couverture !!! et très bonnes fêtes de fin d'année ! Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb. What a lovely quilt! Happy New Year to you, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It truly is magic. I can see why it's one of your faves! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Deb! I've never seen this work before, really stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. how absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, this quilt is beautiful! Like made of colorful dreams :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!