Thursday 16 December 2010

Etsy Finds - Fly Me To The Moon

 

 







Mr B. finally has a telescope and as we live in the country light pollution is minimal. We have a huge covered balcony so star-gazing has become one of our favourite family activities. 
I'm seriously behind with my Christmas shopping, but I'm confident that I'll find what I want at Nature et Decouvertes, a wonderful French shop selling  original, educational toys and books for kids, amongst other things (I think Miles would quite like to dress up as an astronaut). 
If you live in the US (a bit late for shipping elsewhere) there are some really nice vintage science books for children on etsy. I love these school books from the 50's and 60's and am gradually building up quite a nice collection of them at home. If you don't mind a few library stickers and cards, the illustrations in these books are fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,

    These are lovely! Pity I don't live in the US though - nevermind, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have ALL of Bendicks books...The Lollypop Factory is the best!!!!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous books and what a wondeful family activity....star gazing! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!